Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sometimes Commitment is Hard

I've had a few days with my starter locs and I now understand, firsthand, why some people have a hard time committing to their locs. Over the past two days I've thought about taking them out either because I realized that my scalp doesn't seem to be ready for locs or I started thinking that my locs seem bigger than i really want them to be. So I figured that I had two options; 1. take them out and prepare my scalp, or 2. take them out and get them redone at the salon by my school. I do have a problem with the salon by my school though; I don't think I can trust a loctician with a perm (hm...maybe that's why they only charge $40).

I ended up solving one of my two problems yesterday though. I took the locs that i felt were too big and I spit them in half. I'm a bit happier with them now.

As for my other problem, I think i will invest in apple cider vinegar and begin doing weekly scalp rinses. Especially since I'm advised not to wash my hair for approximately two months.
[Note:Most people can wash after about 1 month, but apparently since my hair is so soft and fine it will take longer to loc and so I'd have to wait longer before my first wash.]

Below are pics I took of my starters last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment